Mozzarella, Cherry Tomato, and Basil Salad Recipe
By Amarillo Grape and Olive
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Are you looking for flavor and freshness? Try this mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and basil salad recipe while using Amarillo Grape and Olive products, and you can't go wrong.
Arrange the tomatoes and bocconcini onto 4 plates. Drizzle lavishly with Tuscan Herb Olive Oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with the basil and serve with sourdough or Italian country bread.
Tip: If you can’t find heirloom tomatoes, try tomatoes on the vine, beefsteak or cherry tomatoes (or a mixture of all three). The tomatoes might not have as much sweetness as heirlooms, but the salad will be just as delicious!
- 2 medium red heirloom tomatoes – cut in 1/4” slices
- 1 medium yellow or orange heirloom tomato – cut in 1/4” slices
- 1 medium green heirloom tomato – cut in 1/4” slices
- 1 cup mixed heirloom cherry tomatoes or husk tomatoes
- 1 lb bocconcini (baby mozzarella balls) – drained on paper towels
- 2 Tbs Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup small basil leaves